In Light of Childhood

 
Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.
Walt Whitman
 
Whenever I see this photo it tugs at my heartstrings. 
 
I took it several years ago, when my youngest daughter was still wearing her tutu over just about everything. 
As she grew, I'd find it abandoned here and there around the house...  this frayed and worn tuft of elasticized tulle was such a vivid reminder of her love for purple, dancing, sequins and dress-ups.  She still loves music and dancing, but "face-timing" her friends on the iPad, texting, slumber parties,Justin Bieber posters and pop music have replaced the purple tutu, stuffed pink unicorns, books about fairies and songs sung by Disney Princess's. 
 
My kids have seemingly grown up into teenager-hood in what feels like a flash of time.  

Comments

Popular Posts